Laser Cut/Wood Block Print

This idea behind this project was to create a poster by fusing old technology with the new. We started by drawing an asemic typographical design in Illustrator and laser-cutting that into MDF board. We then ink'd the boards and pressed them into large sheets of artist paper, and trimmed to size.

Graphic DesignIllustrationTypography
Final output
A few process shots. I started with drawing the entire poster in Illustrator, which I then laser cut into MDF board. The entire process was a little tricky with how lasers etch into wood, as the design had to be reversed out, mirrored and touched up to achieve the final look. I then ink'd the wood and pressed it onto big sheets of paper. Took a few tries to get the desired effect, but I'm really happy with it!
Back to Top